Wednesday, October 24, 2007

~ Hey Gretchen

I'll return soon with more of my reader appreciation blogs....I promise...I've been slammed, it's quarter to 3 am, I have a flight to catch in a couple of hours, and I'm wide awake~! Poor Bryce will pay for it tomorrow! and wouldnt you know it? I feel creative....so please pardon the impromptu creativity...

GRETCHEN

Hey Gretchen, I knew you as a child
life was simpler, troubles mild....
It never rained in June
Hey Gretchen, do you ever wonder still
what the landscape of your fields
would've looked like with me painting all the dunes...
release, don't sit and wonder why all day
please, cause you're a big girl now and you've got the rent to pay

Gretchen can you feel me through the years...?
A boy, behind his fears...the secrets that he was dying to reveal
Gretchen sometimes when I really try
I bend the cloth of time....I see you standing there in front of me...
and then you walk away....then you walk away....

Figures, don't you know destiny is cruel?
it treats us all like fools, believing that we have a say in this....
Maybe, the plans the maker throws...hold better when it snows,
and we're better for receiving....
I'll begin, to question less and less
I'm in deep....and I'm swimming for my life in this whole mess....

But Gretchen can you reach out through the years?
and tell me how it'd feel....if it was me that you were holding....?
and just once can you break the weave of time...?
detangle what ain't mine, and set my feet to calmer waters...
Before you walk away....before you walk away....before you walk away....
Words and Music Rudy Landa
3 Lil Bugs Music/ASCAP
Copyright 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment