Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Cherise

There was a girl that I knew who lived in Nashville...she was very talented (had an incredible singing voice...) she was found in a hotel room last night overdosed and no longer alive...I had not seen her in about 2 years, and all that I could think about today was how full of life she was the last time that I saw her...my ex wife and her had been best friends at one point and she had promised to come to Charlotte to visit her...Now that trip will never happen...

In the last month and a half I have lost 5 people in my immediate life...a new record for my life... and as much as at 34 death is no longer something foreign to me (I have lost many friends in my life), the sting and edge of losing someone never goes away...

So to all of you out there...life is but a vapor...it is frail and fragile...it is precious, and as a friend or as family you're special to me.... here's to living, here's to life...here's to living a life with meaning...I'll miss ya Cherise...

No comments:

Post a Comment