Sunday, September 11, 2005

It's not because of you, it's because of me...

I remember hearing a joke many years ago where a man opens the door for a hardcore feminist woman to which she comments..."please don't open my door just because I'm a lady..." he answers..."I did not open the door because you're a lady, I opened it because I am a gentleman...." Does it ever feel like no matter how much you give it's never enough? I am in the middle of that right now...the blame game...the rethorical questions...the feeling deep inside that you'd be better off packing it all in the car and driving west to get a job as a construction worker that clocks out at 5 pm...

I will not quit...not because I don't feel that I can make a good case for demanding repect, but because I cannot sell out my standards to those who arm chair quarterback...I will not quit because my kids deserve better... Mr. Miyagi told Daniel Larusso..."Danielsan, never put passion before principle, even if it means...you lose". I once read on a Motley Crue album cover, When you give the world your best and the world kicks you in the teeth, give them your best anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment