Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My son the dreamer....

My son Anthony was diagnosed with ADD (attention deficit disorder) at a very young age....he is in early middle school now and has severe learning disabilities...often times I find myself frustrated at his inability to focus except on things that he really likes...(History and science YES.....math NO!)

The other night he by chance fell asleep on my lap....and given the fact that he's now 13....this just does not happen too often any more...I was about to wake him up to send him to his room when I remembered how as a little toddler he used to fall asleep with his Thomas the Train stuffed pillow under his arm.....

I know that kids have vivid imaginations.....but I have to tell you.....when Anthony was a toddler...I would come home from work and Anthony would climb up on my lap and tell me all about his day with his trains.....and tell me the most amazing stories of his adventures with Thomas the Engine Tank......the animated way that Anthony would talk about his day with his trains at the age of 5 used to actually convince me that he honestly did have 2 way conversations with the creepy train.....lol....I miss that age in him.....his innocence, his general view on life and on the world around him......and most importantly the closeness that a toddler has with his daddy.

Anthony is still a dreamer, he's my 13 year old little boy......and I hope he never ever ever loses that....I love him.

3 comments: